Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm done with smoking.

I know this is probably the tenth time I've tried quitting, but I'm serious about it this time around. I thought I was fine last time, but the stress of college got to be a little too much for me to bear. No, I shouldn't even make excuses...it's not worth it.

But, I'm sick of letting people down, slowing myself down, and keeping myself from getting back in shape. I've been trying to get my lazy ass back to the gym, and smoking cigarettes won't get me any closer to doing that. Nor will any other drugs. So, on that note, I believe I'm done with it.

My mom talked to me right before I left. She looked at me all sad and what not and said, "Seems like as soon as I get used to you being here...you leave." I hate leaving my mom at home. I know that some nights, I'm the only person she really gets to talk to. I go to breakfast with her on Saturdays. Heck, even today I actually went to church with her. I know my mom and I get into petty arguments but I hope that despite those things, she knows how much I love her. She gave me a hug and then said, "I know you should only quit smoking for yourself, but if you do it for anyone besides that, do it for me? It's stupid, and well...I'd like to see you grow up into what I know you can be. And that won't happen if you're dying with lung cancer."

Mothers really do know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment