Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Top Ten Video Games...ever.

10. Tetris - Why? Easy: simplicity. Despite the game hardly changing over the years, people still want newer versions of it. It's a beautiful thing, really. Keeps me entertained for hours.
9. The Sims - I remember getting this game for Christmas when I was in seventh grade or something. I also remember playing it for five hours straight. As sad as it may be, it seems that mankind has become more obsessed about living virtual lives than over dictating their own. Sigh...
8. Goldeneye 007 - Probably the best first-person shooter known to man. Sure, the blood was just a little red splotch on the character and sure, they look like stick figures with polygons for heads, but somehow that simple little game is what created first-person shooters as we know them today. And I still can't deny a multiplayer match in the stack.
7. Skate - As a huge Tony Hawk fan for many, many years, I was a skeptic when it came to Skate and its "flick-it" trick system. But, the moment I picked up the controller, I was amazed at how life-like the video game was. I almost felt like I was really skateboarding. And THAT is why I love it. Landing a good 360 flip in Skate is the next best thing to landing a 360 flip in real life. Trust me.
6. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - By far one of the most legendary games to ever be created for N64. Awesome storyline, addictive gameplay, great (at the time) graphics, and decent story length...all packaged into one game. I highly preferred this to the Majora's Mask game.
5. Fallout 3 - Though I just bought this game approximately 12 hours ago, I've already racked up 8 hours of gameplay and just now found myself able to stop playing. I'm exhausted and my eyes are hardly open, but it was just that hard to stop. The environments are breathtaking; the VATS combat system is a nice change to most shooters; the open-ended gameplay is always welcome...just an overall great purchase.
4. Left 4 Dead - I have very few things to say. One-ZOMBIES. Who doesn't love killing zombies? Tw0-BILL. Everyone's favorite war veteran. Three-This is the most awesome game to play with your friends. Four-It gives PS3 owners a reason to cry...haha.
3. Pokemon: Red Version - I still play pokemon to this day, and NO, I have NEVER done the rare candy cheat/glitch. Cheaters never win. Why red version? Because fire pokemon will always reign supreme. This is the reason why I still have a gameboy color.
2. Fable - Many people rag on this game for its short gameplay. Yes, I'll admit that it doesn't have the longest storyline...but what it doesn't shell out in quantity it gives you in quality. This is another game that I praised highly for its graphics and combat system. Also, the ability to choose whether you became good or evil was a nice change. Though not as open-ended as games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion (which both were ironically created by Bethesda...), it still has room for the player to make his or her own decisions...which is never turned down.
And number one...
1. Super Mario World - Yes. The game of all games for me. The game that brought me into the gaming world. The game that made me realize that three hours can go quickly if you aren't bored. I wish I could find my Super Nintendo solely for this game. I will find it...I will find it so I can finally ride Yoshi again and save Peach, for the 97694576986th time.. (Though I won't lie...I'm a Bowser fan, personally).

2 comments:

  1. dude pokemon ftw.
    we gotta play some xbox together one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left 4 Dead, a girl after my heart.

    ReplyDelete