Monday, March 2, 2009

It really irks me.

Why is it that I seem to be the only person in my group of friends who gives a damn about academics? Why am I the only one ever putting any effort into assignments? Why am I the only one who insists on working before playing? Almost every single person I'm close to at this school doesn't seem to be phased by a failing grade on an exam. Didn't finish that lab report? They don't seem to mind. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

If you didn't want to go to school, get the fuck out. College isn't for everyone; if it isn't where you want to be, then leave. It's a waste of your time to be here. I love my friends but I hate being surrounded by people who have little pride for their work. I find work ethic and drive to be one of the most important and telling qualities about a human being. It's not WHAT you do but HOW you do it. If you're an author, it would be useless for you to do three hours of calculus problems. But you should, however, write and read other literature. As a college student, you should finish assignments, go to class, and be responsible. You chose to further your education - put a little effort into it.

I hate people who don't try. That's just pathetic.

Don't make excuses. Don't try to get out of it. Just fucking do it. A little work never killed anyone, and if it did, then shit, they probably deserved it.

This world drives me up a fucking wall.

No, I take that back. The PEOPLE in this world drive me up a fucking wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment